Sunday, September 2, 2007

New Year, New Challenges

So...here we are on Labor Day weekend, gearing up for another school year. The family is enjoying the sun for the final weekend of summer, sucking up every bit of what's left. As the year begins, I am reminded that there are a new set of challenges waiting next week. Challenges for myself, teachers and for the students we teach. Tackling all of the challenges at once will cause burnout within a few months, so this year, I want to focus on helping teachers integrate technology more in their classrooms, not just mine.

My goal for this coming school year is to help teachers in my building to embrace technology so that the students in my building will benefit. Sharing resources, coaching in the classroom, and giving them support will allow them to see the true impact that quality integration can have.

That being said....I come to you for help. Please share your thoughts about what quality technology integration means to you...what does it look like? What does it sound like? How have you integrated technology on your grade level? I'd love to hear what you think :)

No comments: